UK Mortgage Guide Site Map Information
This Website is Divided into the Following Major Sections
Click on any of these to see the full list of sub-sections
To Find What You are Specifically Looking for Simply Click on the Letter You Think it Might Start With
Guide to Getting a Mortgage
- Mortgage Basics
- What is a Mortgage?
- A basic summary of the rules
- The choices you need to make
- How much can you borrow?
- How do you prove your income?
- How long are mortgages usually for?
- What will happen to interest rates?
- Mortgages for the Employed
- Mortgages for the Self-Employed
- Self Employed: Where do you stand?
- How much can the self employed borrow?
- How do the self employed prove their income?
- Tax: Hoist with your own petard?
- Which type of Mortgage
- Self Certification Mortgages
- How to apply
- First Time Buyers
- First Time Buyers Introduction
- What you’re getting into
- Be careful out there
- Don’t just grab the first mortgage you can
- Problem: having enough money
- 100% Mortgages for First Time Buyers
- Buying your first home
- Buying as a couple
- Already own separate homes?
- Having problems as a First time Buyer? Read some Solutions
- UK Government Help, HomeBuy and Key Workers Schemes
- TIPS for First Time Buyers
- Mortgages for People with a Bad Credit History
- About Bad Credit Ratings
- Here’s the good news
- Finding a Lender for Adverse Credit Cases
- Adverse Credit Agencies
- Causes for a Bad Credit Rating
- County Court Judgements / CCJs
- How are You Credit Rated?
- How to Check Your Credit Rating
- How to Get a Mortgage Quote
- What is remortgaging?
- How much can you save?
- Why isn’t everyone doing it?
- How easy is it to check out?
- How do you choose the best deal?
- Costs of Remortgaging
- TOP TIPS
- Apply for a remortgage
- How to Choose your Mortgage
- Deciding which type of mortgage you want
- Comparing Mortgages
- Good vs Bad Lenders
- Mortgage buying tips
- Finding your Mortgage
- Going direct
- Going through a Mortgage Broker
- Going through an IFA
- Going through an Estate Agent
- Going through other websites
- The Mortgage Code
- Types Of Mortgage
- Brief intro
The two major varieties:
Home Buyer’s Guide
- An outline of the process
- How to Find Your New Home / Property
- What can you afford?
- What do you want?… Where?
- Price Differences
- Don’t overpay for being almost trendy
- “Value Added” homes
- HOME BUYER TIPS
- How to look for your home
- Estate Agents
- Using the Internet
- Relocation agents
- Buying at an auction
- Self Build Homes
- Guide to researching your chosen area
- Making the offer
- Making an offer
- Sealed Bids
- Protecting your offer
- Completing the deal
- Intro/Be prepared for weeks of frustration
- Get ready to hassle
- How to get Organised
- What causes delays
- Speeding up your mortgage application
- But are you really in a hurry?
- Exchanging Contracts and Completion
- The Valuation and Survey
- The Valuation
- The Basic Survey
- The Full Structural Survey
- If a problem is revealed by the survey
- Costs of Buying a Home
- The Deposit
- Conveyancing fees
- Stamp Duty
- The valuation and survey fees
- Mortgage Lender’s Application Fee
- Mortgage Indemnity Insurance
- Buildings and Contents Insurance
- Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance
- Furnishing, Re decorating etc.
- Moving in / Removal
- Running costs to bear in mind
- Cost estimate summary
The legal Side to Buying My Home
Now that you've read this are you interested in talking to a mortgage adviser? Fill out the quick form below and you'll be contacted soon by an independent, regulated mortgage specialist for a free no obligation quote.
and £15,000 on your Mortgage
Get a custom rate and see how much you will save
by filling out the quick form below.