Moneysorter Ltd recognise that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important.
Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media have appropriate safeguards applied to ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We fully endorse and adhere to the eight principles of Data Protection as set out in the Data Protection Act1998. These principles state that personal data must:
- Be fairly and lawfully processed
- Be processed for limited purposes and not in any other way which would be incompatible with those purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Be processed in line with the data subject’s rights
- Be kept secure
- Not be transferred to a country which does not have adequate data _protection laws.
Our purpose for holding personal data and a general description of the categories of people and organisations to whom we may disclose it are listed in the Data Protection register.
You may inspect this or obtain a copy from the Information Commissioner’s Office. In order to meet the requirements of the principles, we will:
- observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal data
- meet our obligations to specify the purposes for which personal data is used
- collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
- ensure the quality of personal data used
- apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal data is held
- ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held, can be fully exercised under the Act
- take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal data
- ensure that personal data is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
When we collect any personal information from you, we will inform you as to why we are collecting your information and what we intend to use it for.
Where we collect any sensitive personal information, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that we have explicit consent to hold, use and retain the information.
Sensitive information is personal data about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sex life, details of the commission or alleged commission of any offence, and any court proceedings relating to the commission of an offence.
We have a responsible marketing policy and do not give details of our customers or related individuals to any other company outside of the Moneysorter Ltd companies.
Customers may be contacted by other companies within Moneysorter Ltd by mail, email or telephone with details of other products or services.
If you do not wish to be marketed in this way you can write to the Data Protection co-ordinator, at our postal address quoting your full name, date of birth and any policy number you may have, if known).
Private Customer information (credit cards, S.S. Numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Customer information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without the consent of the customer, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
Under the Data Protection Act, any individual may write to the Data Protection co-ordinator and request a copy of the information which we hold about them. We reserve the right to charge the maximum fee payable in terms of the Data Protection Actfor providing this information. If the details are inaccurate you can ask us to amend them.
Our Data Protection Register number is Z4835056
The pages of this site are issued in the United Kingdom and are for the information of United Kingdom residents in relation to United Kingdom products only.
Please contact us if we can be of further help
Now that you've read this are you interested in talking to a mortgage adviser? Fill out the quick form below and you'll be contacted soon by an independent, regulated mortgage specialist for a free no obligation quote.
and £15,000 on your Mortgage
Get a custom rate and see how much you will save
by filling out the quick form below.