If you and your partner already own separate homes
This may make buying a new place slightly more difficult.
Assuming you want to use the sale of both homes to finance your new one, you’ll need to sell both at the same time.
The likely delays involved in buying and selling property can cause extra angst at what may be a difficult time anyway. (See what causes delays)
You could move into one of the existing homes – and hope the lack of space and the old partner lurking around doesn’t put too much of a strain on your relationship – or you could look into getting a Bridging loan.
- Intro / What You’re Getting Into
- Process / Flow Chart Of What Happens
- Buying Your First Home
- Be Careful Out There
- Don’t Just Grab The First Mortgage You Can
- Problem: Having Enough Money
- Guarantor Mortgages
- 100% Mortgages For First Time Buyers
- Should I Borrow Five Times My Income?
- Having Problems As A First Time Buyer? Read Some Solutions
- UK Government Help, Homebuy And Key Workers Schemes
Now that you've read this are you interested in talking to a mortgage adviser? Fill out the quick form below and you'll be contacted soon by an independent, regulated mortgage specialist for a free no obligation quote.
and £15,000 on your Mortgage
Get a custom rate and see how much you will save
by filling out the quick form below.