A bad credit remortgage is a remortgage deal designed to help you if you have a bad credit rating – either because you are currently having some money problems, or because you have had some financial difficulties in the past and have been left with a poor credit rating.
There Are Two Possibilities:
You can borrow against the equity in your home to raise some cash or to pay off some of your other debts
You can remortgage to reduce your monthly payments – this usually means extending the term (length) of your mortgage
Either way, the end result should be a more manageable monthly repayment, hopefully allowing you to get your finances under control.
A Bad Credit Remortgage Will Generally Offer Two Benefits:
Reduced monthly payments (over a longer term)
The chance to consolidate your other debts into one lower interest loan, with more manageable repayments, or to release some equity from your house as cash
Getting A Bad Credit Remortgage can help you begin to improve your credit rating too – by clearing your other debts and keeping up with the payments on your remortgage, your credit rating will gradually improve again.
However, you should understand that even though the interest rate of your bad credit remortgage is lower, your total interest payments may be greater, due to the longer length of the loan.
Read More About Bad Credit Ratings
- What Is A Bad Credit Remortgage?
- Why Choose A Bad Credit Remortgage?
- How To Get A Bad Credit Remortgage
- Things To Consider about Bad Credit Remortgaging
- Bad Credit Remortgages: Questions and Answers
- About Bad Credit Ratings
- Credit Reports and Credit Files
- What is Credit Scoring and Credit Rating
- What is a Credit Search
- Here’s The Good News
- Finding Lenders for Adverse Credit Cases
- Adverse Credit Record Agencies
- Causes For a Bad Credit Rating
- County Court Judgement Mortgages / CCJs
- How Are You Credit Rated?
- How To Check Your Credit Rating
- Bad Credit Remortgages
- Mortgages For People With A Bad Credit History
Now that you've read this are you interested in talking to a mortgage adviser? Fill out the quick form below and you'll be contacted soon by an independent, regulated mortgage specialist for a free no obligation quote.
and £15,000 on your Mortgage
Get a custom rate and see how much you will save
by filling out the quick form below.